Alright guys, we have received several demands for our dinner we posted on Instagram last week, so we are here to deliver. Please enjoy this recipe for salmon with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach, which looks like this (if you have Neal as your personal food photographer):
In the interest of full disclosure, this is a recipe we got from People magazine. Meghan shamelessly subscribes to this magazine mostly for the celebrity gossip, but it often has stellar recipes too.
- Salmon filets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 oregano sprigs + 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 9-oz artichoke hearts
- 3/4 cups chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 2 cups spinach, packed
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season salmon filets with salt, and place skin-side-up in the skillet.
- Cook filets until browned (~3 minutes). Turn filets on sides and cook for 1 minute. Turn to opposite side and cook for 1 minute more. Finally, flip filets to skin-side-down and cook for ~2 more minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of the butter and the oregano to skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium and baste salmon with oregano-infused butter for 1 minute. Remove salmon and oregano to a plate.
- Add artichoke hearts to skillet. Cook over medium, stirring often, until artichokes begin to brown (~4 minutes).
- Add chopped oregano and tomatoes (with oil) and stir.
- Deglaze skillet with the white wine and cook ~2 minutes.
- Add spinach and 1 tbsp butter. Cook until the spinach is done, then put on plate and serve with salmon.
- For number nerds like Meghan: you want to cook the fish to 145 degrees or more and can adjust cooking times as needed.
- Meghan absolutely could not get the salmon to stand up on its side as the recipe suggests. Please let us know if you manage to do this. Anyways, it worked fine adding an extra minute to each side of the fish.
- We like this served over rice. We also made extra of the artichoke-spinach-tomato part and made a couscous salad with it the next day. We are brilliant and highly recommend you do the same.